Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Yah, Jamaica, mon!!

here i am, located in Kingston, Jamaica--here for a Deaf Adult program to aide their English reading and writing course. It is an intensive English reading-comprehension program called "July Fast-Track," that will only last one month. yah, typical of me, making a haste decision of summer plan. if you knew me well, this shouldnt be a surprise of my anxiety of staying "home" in America w/o learning and venturing any other country, especially those on my Want-List. Matter of fact, Thailand was originally on my mind during June. It is the primary country i want to visit of southeast Asia. If i did go to Thailand, i would only travel without being involved in any program of any assistance. So i decided to investigate for any country with volunteer program on the internet, and this program, "World Endeavor" attracted my attention immediately to become volunteer in teaching English for the Deaf. It's the only affordable airfare (comparing to other 2 options) and... its a country i have never visited before. All the points resulted my current status as a teacher assistant.

There will be more info and interesting adventure to come. enjoy my new blogspot. Dont worry, my previous blogspot (muddyturf) is still up there and waiting for me to update for my next visit to Eritrea. ;)

ONE LOVE!

No comments: