Monday, July 9, 2007

No Key Lime Pie here





To reach the magnificient beach getaway from Kingston, we travelled to Lime Cay/"Key". To be honest, Kingston is a rough inner-city which is close to the slums of LA or any large American city. (I will take a photograph someday of the city where im staying in.) Sometimes it can be depressing and low-energy, so the weekends are only our time to go out of city, revive our souls and learn about the beauty of Jamaica!



Once we reached to Lime Cay, we soared throughout the sands of the island, an uninhabitated island off from Port Royal, a town that has striking resemblances as Massawa, the deserted city. It was refreshing to swim again in the ocean--actually, SEA of Caribbean. It's very hot and humid here, thus the cool water there made it like heaven!



I noticed the great difference in the class and race of those people who travelled to Lime Key (not very far from Kingston, approx 1 hour away). Most of the people who laxed on the beach weren't completely black (dark-skinned) but mixed/cosmospolitian or has Latin roots. I'd say I blended in this type of ethnical group. The class of people who reached there wore glamour sunglasses and cool brand name clothing and brought proper beach equipments. It did not cost much to reach here so this is still making me wonder what exactly it is dividing the type of people (or class) to venture to this island. This trip is somewhat a preparation for my next exploration in Jamaica: Montego Bay ("Mo'Bay"), Ocho Rios and NegriL.


Since i dont have that much time beside teaching and reading for the class, I have so little chance to modify and update this blog or my photo. There isnt any computer that allows me to rotate my vertical photos. :( Anyways, there is so much left to see and i'm counting the days until every friday!! Eureka!--I truly unds "TGIF" now. These getaways are truly necessity for me to explore more about this lovely green (or white--from the sand) country!


Like the local coordinator normally says, ..."When you return for next summer, we could do this... or that..." Maybe he is right, I just may return for some more adventure! Waitamin, its only second week and i have 3 more weeks to go but im already thinking of returning here.. That must be a good sign. ;)











No comments: