Monday, July 16, 2007

Never again--07-07-07!






Indeed, this location is one extravagant beach retreat. Montego Bay (Mo'Bay) does not truly represent Jamaican culture or nature but polished and decorated, all aimed for the tourists off from any cruise. I'm just glad to explore this place. Four of us chilled out on a lovely private beach, "Doctor Cave Beach" and stayed at... "Doctor Cave Hotel." We had our firstttt coffee here! Hallelujah! Oh, funny--during the evening time, our hotel had a fun activity and I turned out to be *Limbo Queen*! I convinced other 3 volunteers to go out to Cool Runnings Cafe! Yes, the original bobsled of Jamaican Olympians is located there. I learned the "cool runnings" does not mean "Journey on the Earth" as it was said in the movie but just "no problem!"

The unexciting part about Mo'Bay was the locals/vendors around the hotels, who were like hawks. It was unease sometimes when we walk around shopping (or window-shopping). They'd pester us down to sign up for any beach activity or tour. It'd get tiring to say "No, thanks" all the time.

On the other hand, I am truly hoping I am able to return Mo'Bay to attend the great concert of Reggae Sumfest. I read it in my co-volunteer's book saying it is one of "1,000 Places to See Before You Die." I hope I will accomplish this. We succeeded seeing another place from that list, "Pork Pit" and ate there with their most delicious Jerk Pork (and Chicken)! We stayed here for only one night and had to travel 3 hours each way. It is probably not enough but I have somewhat a clear idea of this location. It is definitely a better developed city than Kingston but... expensive. Well, we can't have it all, mon.

No comments: