Monday, July 16, 2007

What an INSANELY, eXtremeLy Far-Out Weekend!






Before I begin, I *am* genuinely blessed to have this opportunity to do every activity in this past weekend. I am still awestrucken that I was able to do it all in a single weekend.










First, on Friday, I climbed to the PEAK of Blue Mountain, the highest elevation of Jamaica. I was veryyy fortunate to be granted this opportunity to hike with the CEO of "Global Deaf Connection," Dan Lundberg! We hiked together through Jacob's Ladder path and past Portland Gap to reach to the top. We started to hike from the elevation of 3,500 feet to 6,000 feet within three hours, then returned back down for 2.5 hours (back at 3,500 ft). The view was... blinding. Literally, the fog was so thick so we could not see anything down below.










Second, on Saturday, a different group of volunteers, 4 of us, climbed one of the MOST Beautiful Waterfall in the world, Dunn's River Waterfall. We needed to have non-slippery shoes in order to climb over those slick boulders. That place is located in Ocho Rios; it is not steep but a long descending/ascending level of waterfall. We all were constantly amazed by the beauty and serendity of the waterfall--until late that morning the tourists came swarming around. We were so lucky to explore this location almost alone at 8:45am.










Last, on Sunday, 3 of us signed up at the infamous Dolphin's Cove. We did many water activities: kayaking (with a glass bottom), snorkeling, and... (you will NOT believe this!) swimming with Sting-rays! I'm currently swelled by the whole phenomena! I get more speechless and awestrucken by the magnititude of amazing beauty within a single weekend!

1 comment:

zeemind said...

You are still my hero!!! I am so happy that you have had such an amazing weekend! The pitures are just breath-taking. Can't wait till you have another slide-show.
Miss you MUCH!!!!!